We are expanding and looking for the right talent to join our team. If you feel you have the right credentials, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a contract offer (3-4 months) that could grow into a full time and could be part time. Location is irrelevant.
- Design, back test, and implement low to medium frequency trading strategies across equities, futures and FX
- Liquidity and transaction cost modelling
- Evaluate new datasets for alpha potential
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the investment process and the team’s research and trading infrastructure
- Degree in economics, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, engineering, or other quantitative discipline
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as a quantitative researcher for a systematic investment business
- Broad statistical toolkit including machine learning, econometrics, large-scale simulation
- Proven ability to conduct alpha research utilizing large data sets
- Good understanding of fundamental and technical indicators and trading strategies
- Although programming skills is not a requirement, it is a plus
- Keen intuition for markets and their pricing mechanisms
- Clear, concise, and proactive communicator
- Highly motivated, willing to take ownership of his/her work
- Ambition, drive and a keen interest in securing a role within financial services;
- An understanding of the stock markets and how financial services operate;
- At least one (1) year of telephone experience combined with a professional telephone manner, sales skills is a must;
- The candidate will have enthusiasm, confidence, will be hardworking and hungry to succeed.
- Preparing for the daily market meeting – news roundup and summary;s
- Always alert and informed; improve your market knowledge by reading relevant newspapers, websites etc.;
- Provisionally arrange qualified prospect meetings
- Data input on the Company’s database;
- Managing the pipeline – who to call and when;
- Any other ad hoc tasks (administrative or otherwise) that the Company may reasonably expect you to complete, as and when required ;
- Acting in line with our Company’s policy and procedures at all times.
- Full and ongoing training will be provided in order to develop your market knowledge and experience;
- A direct career path towards becoming a broker;
- Level 4 Investment Advice Diploma (IAD/CISI) exam fees costs can be covered
- Uncapped earnings potential.
We are actively recruiting sales-traders/brokers at Level 4 RDR or above to advise clients on products covering Cash Equities, Futures, CFDs, Options and Bonds.
Minimum 1 year experience in similar role with following attributes
- Indepth knowledge and understanding of UK / European equity markets
- Ideally have a transferrable client base
- Have level 4 RDR in both securities and derivatives
Company is looking to expand offering on non-core products so entire desk moves are also of interest and attractive packages can be offered to right candidates.